March 26, 2016

[My story] Prologue & chapter 1

So I'm starting my story!
It'll be about historical events of Poland.
I hope you'll enjoy reading it^^

Prologue - The Diary of Poland
An old, thick book was lied on a bookshelf. The book was quite raddled, because it has over thousand years.
I took it and blew out the dust, then I looked inside.

You'll ask why do I have such an old book? Well, someone told me once I should guard my books, because they are a precious keepsake*.

I looked at the first page. There was my sign. Poland. I had done it when I was small, so my handwriting was quite clumsy.

I turned the page and started reading.

______
*Someone - it refers to Jacek Kaczmarski and his song 'Panna' ('Maiden'). One of the verse is: 'Try to be devoted to your ruins and guard the singed books. If they became lost, everything you know would disappear' ("Staraj się wierna być ruinom i nadpalonych kartek strzeż. Jeżeli one gdzieś zaginą, zaginie wszystko, o czym wiesz"). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KssVd4HRjig


Chapter 1 - 966, born of the Christianity
966 A.D.

It's hight time to throw away my toys.
I had a carefree childhood as a barbaric country. I remember wandering around with an axe in my hand, challenging everyone in my way. However, it has changed.

I raised my eyes to a group of people. They were tying up by a rope a wonderful, golden statue. My toy. After a while it fell on the ground, shattering into pieces. Right away it was replaced by a simple, unseasoned cross. Oh yeah. I’m an adult now. Objects without adornments are enough for me.

I turned myself. At the moment I could see the baptism of the duke Mieszko I. I smiled, feeling an incredibly lightness in my heart. I’m already an adult!!!, I wanted to cry. For now the Duchy of Poland and the patriarchal monarchy. Who knows, maybe later a kingdom? With estate monarchy? The whole life is before me! I can live as I want to!!!

Suddenly, followed by a hunch, I raised my head. Among the sunset, in a branch of the nearest tree there was a white-tailed eagle.

“Will you stay with me?” I asked.

In answer to my question, the eagle squawked in agree and flied up, presenting its strong, proudly wings.

The bright wings against a background of the red sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment