May 17, 2015

Some Polish female writers

Books of Polish male writers are very popular. I think everyone has heard about Jacek Dukaj, Andrzej Sapkowski, Andrzej Ziemiański, Jakub Ćwiek or Tomasz Kołodziejczak - they are very famous nowadays.
But what about Polish female writers? I want to present you the writers I like very much:

Dorota Terakowska
She is my favourite author. She wrote about serious problems, such as intolerate or disability, but she wrote about it in a light way. That makes her books interesting and because of that you can also read it very fast. Some her books are in set books in Poland, e.g. Tam, gdzie spadają anioły ("Where the angels fall down").

Angieszka Błotnicka
She write mainly for the teenagers. Her books are in genre crime novel. The most important thing is you can guess who is the culprit and it isn't as hard as in the books of Doyle. I used to read her books in primary school, but still I like them.

Beata Pawlikowska
She is a famous traveller and she writes the books from her journeys. I also like travelling and I find her books quite valuable. I like point of view of Pawlikowska - she doesn't describe monuments nor important places, but the mentality of people. She writes about things you can't read in a guide, e.g. daily rhytm of life people all over the world.


I very like and highly recommend these authors. In my opinion writers from Poland write much better than novelist from the West Europe or the USA and we should be proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment